NAREDCO, established in 1998 under the auspices of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India, is the preeminent industry association for the real estate sector in India. Its primary objective is to provide a legitimate platform for the government, real estate industry, and the general public to address their concerns and find effective solutions to the challenges faced by the real estate sector.
With a membership base comprising over 5000+ members pan India with its State NAREDCO chapters, NAREDCO plays a crucial role in policy formulation by representing the viewpoints of its members to various ministries on a regular basis.
NAREDCO actively engages in policy advocacy with several government bodies, including the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, the Planning Commission of India, the Reserve Bank of India, the Ministry of Finance, the Income Tax Department of India, the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, the Ministry of Steel, the National Portal of the Government of India, the Government of India Directory, the Central Board of Excise and Customs, the Directorate of Service Tax under the Ministry of Finance, the Office of the Prime Minister of India, the Ministry of Civil Aviation, the Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA), and the Ministry of Environment.
Vision and Mission
NAREDCO strives to create an environment that promotes the growth of the real estate industry in India, partnering industry and government alike through advisory and consultative processes.
- Work to drive growth and development in the Indian real estate sector.
- To drive awareness around the issues plaguing the real estate sector and bring them to the notice of the government.
- Organize meetings, seminars, webinars, events, conferences and release reports on issues pertaining to the real estate sector and allied activities.
- Act as the collective voice of the real estate industry whilst promoting cohesion and cooperation amongst the members of the sector.
- Participate in the formulation of key policies and reforms affecting the real estate sector.
- Act as a bridge between the Indian real estate industry and the government.