Certificate Course in Real Estate Management
NAREDCO, HUDCO-HSMI and GGSIPU jointly offer a Certificate Course in Real Estate Management focusing on Real Estate Sales;
(Recognized by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi)
Aspiring and Existing Real Estate Agents; Sales and Marketing Managers & Executives, Managers & Executives in Project Planning & Management, Managers and Executives in Corporate Communication; anybody interested in taking up real estate profession.
The certificate course is a collaborative initiative of Guru Gobind
Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), National Real Estate
Development Council (NAREDCO) and Human Settlement Management
Institute (HSMI) of Housing and Urban Development Corporation (HUDCO)
for real estate agents, property brokers, sales persons, commercial
and customer care executives and sales and home loan agents working
any where in India.
Transactions in the real estate market are primarily linked through
sales persons and brokers. Brokerage activities relate to selling,
leasing, renting, managing, lending, soliciting and negotiating in
return for compensation. Property transactions over the years have
become very specialized and complex. Therefore, it is necessary for
brokers and sales persons to acquire specialized knowledge of
property laws and market operations. Further, brokerage practices in
India need to be regulated through a code of conduct developed by
||Human Settlement Management Institute (HSMI), Research and Training Division of HUDCO, HUDCO House, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
||3rd May 2016 to 20th May 2016
|Course Duration & Timing
2.00 P.M. to 5.30 P.M,
Three weeks (4 days a week - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday)
|Last date for Nomination
||29th April 2016 ((Registration is on first cum first served basis)
||Limited Seats subject to maximum of 40 persons
||The course fee per participant is Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees Twenty Thousand Only). A bank draft of Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees Twenty Thousand Only) drawn in favour
of “National Real Estate
Development Council”, New Delhi along with the nomination
form will be sent to NAREDCO to reach before the closing
date of registration.
||+91-11-26225795 (Ext. 22), +91-11-41608570
To impart specialized knowledge and skills to real estate agents, sales persons and direct sale and home loan agents in real estate principles, property laws, financial appraisal, brokerage and professional conduct.
The participants would acquire the requisite functional skills and practically apply the concepts internalized from the course. They will be benefited by a sound understanding of the real estate sector as also equipped to advise the clients confidently, thereby meeting their expectations. The certificate would give them greater acceptability in the market which is dominated by fly-by-night operators and unscrupulous practitioners operating in a climate of distrust. Under the circumstances, the customers would prefer to deal with NAREDCO certified sales agents as against those who are not. This shall lead to an improved climate for ethical dealings which will give a fillip to the real estate sector.
This programme is structured as a professional interaction between the faculty and the participants in a problem-solving manner. The experience of participants is perceived as an essential professional input into the programme. With this in view, the participants are expected to bring with them the necessary reference material and documented field experiences. The key component of methodology shall include lectures, group work, exercises, interaction with resource persons, audio-visual based presentations, and discussions.
The course content shall include the key components of the subject area namely:
- Brokerage – Concepts & various issues namely ethics and professional code of conduct. Responsibilities of a broker-buying/selling/leasing/renting process. Effective management of the transactions. Real estate contracts (Provisions)-lease agreement, agreement to sell, transactions relating to NRIs, title search of the property. Documentation required in transactions of sale/purchase/lease. Registration of documents. Basic understanding of the revenue records maintained by Municipal Corporation. Closing transactions; negotiation skills.
- Real Estate Financing – namely real estate financing process, procuring and closing a loan, mortgages, foreclosure laws (NHB Act etc), lending practices, procedures and documentation as required by financial institutions and banks.
- Real Estate Appraisal – Theoretical concepts, principles and criteria for valuation of property, market behavioral trends in real estate.
- Planning, Zoning and Development – General understanding in planning, zoning, sub-division of land. Relevant provisions and rules for sub-division. Planning standards and norms as applicable to the Housing and Construction industry. Basic understanding of standard construction practices inclusive of efficient planning, suitable building materials and sound construction. Management of Buildings and Complexes. Knowledge of building materials/technologies.
- Legal Framework including various acts and procedures – namely Apartment Ownership Act, Indian Registration Act, 1908, Stamp Act, Co-operative Societies Act, Rent Control Act, Wealth Tax Act, Building bye-laws, The Punjab Schedule Roads and Controlled Areas Restriction of Unregulated Development Act, Consumer Protection Act, 1986, Law of Contract, Municipal Laws, Law of Agency, Relevant sections related properties-income tax act & FEMA, RBI guidelines for property investment.
- Escrows – Introduction to the escrow concept.
- Urban Infrastructure – Development approaches such as public-private partnerships, social infrastructure-responsibilities and accountability.
- Business Management – including marketing techniques, dynamics of customer satisfaction, communication skills, personality development,
after sale service etc.
- Vaastu Shastra – Approach in design of buildings.
- Seismic effects and protection in building construction.
Medium of Instruction
The programme shall be conducted in ENGLISH.
Who can do the course?
The certificate course is open for Real Estate Agents, Sales Persons, Commercial and Customer Care Executives associated with Developers and Builders and
Direct Sales Agents and Home Loan Agents associated with Housing Finance Institutions and Banks, working any where in India, and for persons who are keen to
adopt this profession. The minimum qualification for eligibility is 10+2 or equivalent and the person should be 18 years of age. The programme is open to both men and women.
The course fee per participant is Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees Twenty Thousand Only). A bank draft of Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees Twenty Thousand Only)
drawn in favour of “National Real Estate Development Council”
, New Delhi along with the nomination form will be sent to NAREDCO to reach before the closing date of registration.
The faculty shall include both in-house faculty of NAREDCO, HSMI and GGSIPU and resource persons and experts in the related areas.
||Naredco, HUDCO - HSMI & GGSIPU